How exciting is this to have Julie visit my blog??? I LOVE this project and can't wait for her to show you how she did it! So without further ado, here's Julie with the Intrepid Thread!!
Better Than Mistletoe Table Runner
1/2 YD Background Fabric
1/3 yd Ornament fabric or enough to fussy cut 6 – 5 inch circles
1/2 yd Border Fabric
6 – 3” strips by WOF of Ribbon fabric
5/8 yd Background Fabric
½ yd – 20” wide Fusible web
Batting, insul-brite, or fleece
- Fussy cut 6 motifs from your ornament fabric using an old CD or the template provided. I like using an old CD because you can center the hole over the middle of the motif and make sure that you are cutting them all the same. Cut out the same number of circles from your fusible web.
(you can download a circle template HERE if you don't have a CD hanging around!)
2. Apply the fusible web to the back side of your fabric circles according to manufacturer’s directions.
3. Cut background fabric to 18” x 36”. Arrange ornaments, three on each side in a pleasing manner. I placed them 7”, 4”, and 9” from the short edge and about 1 ½” from the long edge on either side. Fuse.
I alternated on the each side to make them more interesting.
4. Trace around the Bow Template on your fusible web 6 times. You don’t have to draw them out as perfect bows – you can fit them in here and there on scraps of fusible. As long as you remember to have a right and left side for each bow it will be okay. The bow template is also provided so you don’t have to trace around the picture. As you can see my tracing skills are not so great LOL
13. Cut 4 – 3 ½ inch strips from border fabric. Subcut 2 strips to 36” in length and two strips to 23 ½” in length. Sew the 36” borders to the sides, then sew the 23 1/2” borders to the top and bottom using ¼ inch seams.
Quilt, bind and enjoy!
yay, Julie!!! LOVE love love this!!!
Let Julie and I know if you make this fun table runner!! wow!!!
isn't this a fun quote???
Ohhhh I'm super excited to share other tutorials Julie has done!! Check out her link here to her TUTORIALS from her blog!
and I just have to share some of my favorite fabrics that she has in her store…
love!!! (You've probably seen some of these fabrics before from me!! teeeheee!!)
Ohhhhhh this is my latest love…Stay tuned to the blog after Christmas! (Or maybe even before!!)…
…ohhhhh it's getting ready to be something AMAZING!!! 🙂 LOVE!!!
SO I have an exciting announcement!! I"ve been working a lot in my craft studio and I keep finding fun things that I just don't have time to use!! Soooooooo…today, I'm giving away in my Grand Prize giveaway…
drum roll, please???
a 5-pack of Kaffe Fasset fat quarters!!!!
WOW!!!! All you have to do is comment on one of the 12 days posts!! and your name will be entered in the drawing! wow!! You can comment on every post! and I will count it each time you comment! (once per post will count! :))
Ohhhhh tomorrow, things may get a little Sheepish around here!! so fun!!!