I love to scrapbook!! LOL!! okay…that's not really a secret! But you may not know that I LOVE to combine digital and paper scrapping!! Why live two separate lives??? LOL!!! So my friend Maggie asked me to come and teach you a hybrid project for her Cuttlebug Challenge Blog.
So I am proud to bring you a little tutorial to show you how I put these two loves of mine together!! (remember: click to see the pictures bigger!)
I created this little mini book with these supplies:
Digital Kit….Wedding kit by Designs by Lily (at After 5 Designs)
Paper Supplies: (you can order these on my website!!)
Top Note Die, book plates and flower from Stampin' Up!
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Swirls
Chalk Ink Versamagic
1. I started by creating my pages in Photoshop CS4 using the size 5.5×4.25. I knew I was going to cut out my pages using the Top Note Die from Sizzix and Stampin' Up!, so I was careful not to put too much around the edges that i didn't want lost. I printed my pages out on my little HP GOGO printer (love that!!) on 4×6 photo paper.
2. I took the pieces of chipboard that come in the back of your designer series paper and I cut them into 6 pieces 4×6, cutting a total of 9 pieces. Using my Big Shot and the TOP Note Die, I cut out the chipboard to use as my stable pieces in between my pages!
3. Again, using the Big Shot and my cuttlebug embossing folder, I embossed the transparencies that I had cut into 4.25×5.5 pieces (a total of 8 to use between my pages). Then i cut them out again, using the Top Note die!
4. After cutting out all of my pages, I arranged them in book order. I then wrote my journaling on my facing pages in my own handwriting (the true handmade touch!) and used bookplates from Stampin' Up! to frame the journaling!
5. After setting all of my pages in order, I started adhering the pages to the chipboard. ***TIP*** put the adhesive on the chipboard. That way you don't have bumps and difficulty on those lumpy pages!!
6. After all of my pages were adhered, I inked the edges with VersaMagic chalk ink.
7. To finish, I punched holes in the left top corners of everything using the cropadile! Love that tool! I put a book ring in the holes of all of the pages, inserting the transparencies in between each page, and tying color coordinating ribbons on the rest of the ring! And Voila…my mini book!!
I hope this tut helped you! Leave a comment on this post and you will be entered in a drawing at the end of this month for a gift certificate to stampin' Up products!! (if you are a digi-scrapper, there may be a GC to my favorite Digital scrapbooking store!! yay!!)
and as a bonus…here's a quick hybrid project I did for Maggie!! I filled a picture bag with pics of my four beautiful angels!! I did 4×6 mini pages using Lily's Wedding kit and Karah Fredricks' Open Book collection (at OScraps.com). I printed out the pages and stuck them in the sides of the bag! Love it!! I'm even traveling with this bag as I type!!
Be inspired!!! Create Everyday!! and Don't forget to share what you are creating!!